There are a number of benefits of massage including:
- The patient’s circulation can be improved.
- The massage can induce a soothing feeling as the nervous system responds better than any other body system to massage.
- By stimulating the flow of lymph towards the lymph glands a massage can help eliminate waste and toxic products.
- A massage can help the digestive process become more efficient as well.
- The respiration system also responds to massage treatment by stimulating the circulation system.
- Last but by no means least, massage obviously has many benefits for the muscular system by addressing various muscular conditions and injuries.
The following diagram shows a number of specific injuries that can be either treated or rehabilitated with the aid of remedial massage:
Benefits of massage for specific injuries
Follow the links below to find out more about how massage can help specific injuries: